1. “Our daughter has been attending Main Street Montessori for a little over a year now. She enjoys going to school each day and seeing her teachers and classmates. We often find her happily singing new songs she learns from class, and she tries to teach us as if she is the teacher. She especially loves the new after- hours art studio and cooking/gardening studio sessions.”
-T. mother to 4 year old girl
2. “My son started at Main Street Montessori when he barely turned three. He is currently three and a half years old, and in the matter of a few months I could see him grow more in so many ways. I notice his independence increase, his vocabulary exploded, and love for learning seems limitless. The teachers are professional, knowledgeable, caring and nurturing, I trust them every day to guide him to be the best he could be socially, emotionally, and academically, yet most importantly as a unique individual. Their connection with my son is warm. He loves coming to school, it’s like a second home for him. I couldn’t ask for a better place for my son to grow, learn and thrive. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.”
-MV mother to 3.5 year old boy
3. ‘My daughter has been going to Main Street Montessori since she was 3 years old. She’s five now, and we couldn’t be happier with our decision to start her off in MSM after we moved here from Virginia.
My daughter has really blossomed over the last 2.5 years at MSM. From a shy child, she’s grown into a confident little girl. To start with, the atmosphere in the school is very welcoming and joyous. I have never seen a child crying while coming into class. At the age of 2.5 – 3, this mattered a lot me, to create a positive impression about school and MSM succeeded in doing that.
I am very happy with the teaching methods, which focuses on concepts rather than rote learning. The teachers have always been very responsive to questions and concerns. The director, it is evident, herself believes strongly in the Montessori Method and that passion comes through in the work everyone in the school does. It’s a balanced curriculum with arts, dance, cooking, gardening, in addition to academics. A special mention about the kindergarten program – my daughter is proud to be a kindergartner and I can see why. At 5, she can read chapter books, write stories, do basic multiplication and has even started cursive writing. I couldn’t have asked for more.”
-GS mother to 5 year old girl
4. “Choosing a school for your kid is never easy and as part of our search we looked at many aspects of schooling for our child and surprisingly Main Street Montessori came back on top in every list. So with a sense of cautious optimism that comes along with sending your kid to school for the first time, we sent our son to Main Street Montessori. And one year on we are glad that we did! “
The atmosphere in the school is clean, pleasant and inviting with a very caring and engaging staff, truly they put children first always. We are very thankful to the Teachers and staff at Main Street Montessori”
-SA mother to 4.5 year old boy
5. “We are thrilled to have joined the Main Street Montessori family. The teachers and staff consistently practice the Montessori philosophy and through their examples we have learned positive and effective ways to communicate with our daughter. The teachers do an excellent job keeping us informed about weekly activities and student accomplishments. My favorite is when the staff pulls me aside to share a special story or observation involving my daughter. The classrooms are well organized and the teachers prepare meaningful activities that focus on overall personal growth. It has been a treat to watch our daughter blossom and show confidence in her abilities.
-LD, mother of daughter age 3
6. “My daughter has attended Crescent for 3 years since she was a Pre-Primary. Her teachers have always been patient and dedicated. The director and staff have been caring and loving. It continues to amaze me how my daughter has grown and learned so much since she started at Crescent. We are thankful to have found a program that allows my child to be eager to learn, be creative and self-dependent. We did not hesitate to let our daughter continue in the Kindergarten program at this school because we know she will continue to flourish!”
-Vesien Huang, Parent of Audrie Huang (Kindergarten Class of 2014-2015)
7. “I live in Cupertino School District (one of the best in California) and I chose to send my daughter Emmy to Crescent Montessori for Kindergarten. I am so happy that my husband and I made this choice.
Emmy receives personalized attention from two fabulous teachers who are caring and responsive. For example, at the formal conference in the fall, her teachers shared samples of Emmy’s work and we came up with a plan to tailor the homework and spelling test to her level. I saw the changes right away in her homework folder. Informally, they bring any issues to my attention so that we can address them quickly as a team.
Emmy gained confidence being one of the older children in the classroom and all the perks that came from being a third year student. The younger children look up to the older children in the classroom and lean compassion and responsibility from helping them in the classroom. The monthly fieldtrips give them a chance to explore the community with their peers.
I am amazed at how much and what Emmy learns. She talk about the solar system, volcanos, practices math at the dinner table, and eagerly does her homework. She is truly thriving and maturing in this third year and I am confident that Crescent is giving her the best head start possible.”
-Ines and Steve Gonzales, Parents of Kal and Emmy (Kindergarten Class of 2010-2011)
8. “We’ve had our twins at Calaveras Montessori, and then here at Crescent Montessori since the age of 2 ½ years old. They’re now 5 ½ and currently attend Kindergarten here. In the beginning our son was “wild” to say the least, but the structure along with allowing him to learn and do things at his own pace has greatly calmed him down and facilitated a sense of order to his previously chaotic method of learning and doing things. As for our daughter, she has just flourished because she is allowed to do things on
her own and go at her own pace. She is not held back and she is given the opportunity to soar ahead without feeling pressured to slow down or stop.
Like most parents we did struggle somewhat in the decision of taking them out of Crescent and put them in the public school for Kindergarten. We decided we wanted them to complete their third year in the classroom and give the chance to be the “big kids” of the school. They greatly benefitted from the experiences and rewards that came with being the kindergarteners.
If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t change a thing. We’ve been amazed by how much our children have learned and what they know compared to other Kindergarteners we know and come into contact with, not only academically but also in practical life and social skills. We highly recommend keeping your child/ children at Crescent for Kindergarten. This environment has been crucial to our children’s success and development.”
-Tess and Manuel Florez, Parents of Jesse and Sierra (Kindergarten Class of 2010-2011)
9. “An incredible learning environment” “Calaveras has been an incredible learning environment for my children. They have not only grown academically, they have also gained important social and leadership skills. It’s wonderful to see how they approach new problems with confidence and creativity.”
10. “Calaveras’s low student-to-teacher ratios, along with the flexibility and skill of the teachers, have allowed each of my children to flourish, even though they have different personalities and learning styles. I’m convinced that Calaveras gives them the solid foundation they’ll need to be successful in their future endeavors.”
—Joanna – mother of Sasha and Talia
11. “Both my kids attended Calaveras Montessori. The staff is well trained and trustworthy.”
– Jennifer C
12. “This school actually teaches their kids functional life skills.”
– Kathy H