Employment Opportunities and Careers
Montessori Lead Guides * Qualified Assistants * Aides * Enrichment Studio Guides
Full and Part Time Options Available
The Montessori School of Silicon Valley is the model private school of the Milpitas, Fremont and North San Jose areas. We are always interested in speaking with enthusiastic, qualified Montessori educators from Nido through Kindergarten about our open employment opportunities.
With 4 campus locations offering fully implemented Montessori environments, we are always looking for experienced certified Montessori Guides who have a strong background in both classroom management and upper Montessori work.
Offering programs for Nido, Pre-Primary, Primary & Kindergarten, each campus has large spacious classrooms and Studio offerings for Art, Gardening, Cooking and more. This is a wonderful environment for a positive thinking go-getter with the ability to cooperate and lead effectively!
Positions are full-time, year-round with paid Personal Time Off (PTO), school holidays, and paid sick time. We offer health & dental insurance, and very competitive salary.
Key attributes we look for in our Montessori Guides include:
- Commitment to developmentally appropriate practice for children 0 to 6 years in the Montessori tradition.
- A strong understanding and implementation of the Montessori method with the ability to share knowledge with current and future families.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work with children enrolling throughout the year.
- Confidence working with a variety of cultures, languages and family structures.
- Ability to develop classroom setting that is organized and engaging.
- Comfortable with all written communication and documentation.
- Embraces parent involvement in classroom.
The minimum qualifications we require include the following:
- Enrolled in or completed MACTE Accredited Training Program, currently in either course work or an internship.
- AA or BA desired but not required
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- 1+ year experience in a Montessori classroom.
Enrichment Studio Guide positions are currently available!
The canvas is currently blank, and ready to be filled in with fun, creative and educational activities for young children to explore outside. Offered daily from 4-6pm, our afternoon enrichment studio is divided into 12-week blocks for cooking, art, and gardening.
This is a unique role that requires planning and organizational skills, putting together recipes, arts and crafts ideas, and gardening projects to fill the studio curriculum each afternoon.
This is a great opportunity for college students who take class in the morning and gain experience in their field in the afternoon.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter to : Colleen Noll – firstname.lastname@example.org
For applications to be considered: All previous employment must be verified and any gaps in employment must be explained with proper documentation.
If you possess a degree in Child Development and have an interest in Montessori Education, or have 12 ECE units, please apply with us. We will provide formal Montessori Education for the right individual. Our salary is competitive, and we are always looking for dynamic, driven staff who wish to become school leaders.